As we get geared up for the holiday season, it’s important to steer clear of consumerism for the sake of consumerism. In recent years, climate change has become more and more noticeable. Thus, it’s always a good idea to try to limit waste as much as possible, and take into account eco-friendly gifting tips as Christmas quickly approaches.
So, what can you do to make this Christmas your most eco-friendly holiday yet? We’ve got tips and tricks, along with a few gifts and stocking stuffer recommendations to help you out.
Last-Minute Eco-Friendly Christmas Gifts & Tips
Remember: It’s the thought that counts!
Eco-friendly doesn’t mean you’ve put any less thought or effort into a gift than anyone else. And if you’re a bit stumped, here are a few ideas:
- Reusable water bottle or coffee thermos
- A donation to an environmental group/organization
- Search for eco-friendly options of your original idea (For example, many toys on Amazon also have eco-friendly alternatives. You may also want to consider shopping locally to reduce your contribution to environmental issues caused by transportation and delivery services.)
- DIY meal box
On top of the gifts above, here are some additional eco-friendly gifting tips, allowing you to choose what works for you and your life:
1. Use Eco-Friendly Wrapping Paper
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle! These are the three R’s all of us should live by to help give back to our beautiful planet.
When it comes to wrapping gifts this year, it’s easy to grab a new roll at the store. Yet, what about all those magazines, newspapers, and more that you have lying around at home? These are great for gift wrapping while staying conscious of the environment.
So, instead of getting new paper this year (and every year onward!), use what you have at home. No one will think worse of you. In fact, they might commend you for going out a limb for our planet.
2. Try DIY Gifts
The care, effort, and time it takes to create something with your own hands are unmatched. In fact, if you ask most people, some of the best gifts they’ve received have involved someone making the item for them.
As mentioned above, you could do DIY meal kits, similar to what it provides by Nutrition Kitchen, but with less packaging and waste. Or if you’re particularly talented, you could make a scarf, mitts, or a woodworking item for your loved ones.
3. Avoid Purchasing Items You Aren’t Sure a Person Needs
The major problem around the holidays is that we buy items people don’t need. This year, commit to buying only what you know others need or will use and appreciate. Additionally, do your research on environmentally-friendly products. Try to choose items that are made with recyclable materials.
Eco-Friendly Stocking Stuffers from Life Nutrition
Life Nutrition offers a variety of eco-friendly stocking stuffers. All of our products come in 100% recyclable aluminum bottles and cardboard boxes. Plus, they contribute to improved health and wellness, ensuring you and your loved ones can get the most of life.
Not sure what products you should consider? Here are a few ideas:
- Advanced Probiotics - Improve your digestion, immunity, and respiratory health with these chewable probiotic tablets.
- Algae Calcium - Obtain adequate and easy-to-digest calcium and magnesium with daily Algae Calcium tablets.
- Bright Eyes - Blue light is all around us. Yet, our bright eye formula can help protect your eyes from the harm of blue light and UV rays.
- Joint Support - Say goodbye to joint aches and pain and age gracefully!
Get into the eco-friendly trend this holiday season. You’ll feel good about it, and you’ll be doing our planet a huge favor. And have fun with going eco-friendly! Get creative. Decide to incorporate more eco-friendly options as a family this year. We only have one planet earth, and it’s up to all of us to do our part.